Curriculum and Technology Discussion

 


Being a resource teacher I have to develop my own curriculum for my school. I have found that it is better to rely on the experts of others and have implemented various curriculum from Teachers Pay Teachers to use in my classroom. I have had to do this while still teaching to state standards and make sure that my students were making adequate progress according to their IEPs and state standards.


There is some relief though when it comes to teaching a rigorous curriculum that adheres to state standards. According to Rao et al (2016), “[state] standards are meant to be broad and provide guidelines for what students should master, the wording often leaves room for teachers to analyze and interpret the standard and design lessons accordingly. Teachers can “unwrap the standard” to clarify the specific knowledge and skills they will address as they design lessons.”


Furthermore, teachers can use digital devices in centers or at small groups time for guided and specific instruction in areas where the students are the weakest. Hughes et al (2023) shows that according to Mr. Ng’s class data using electronic devices that worked on student weaknesses prepared them for standardized testing and became part of the school’s yearly budget.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Philosophy Paper

Web-Based Assessment Assignment Video Link